Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I have recovered!

This was me, convalescening. Mum waited on me hand and foot. Life was good as a sick puppy. But she's sick now with her cold. I hope she's not counting on me to wait on her... but I will bring her what ever toys I have if she wants.

I know lots of people words. I know more people words than mum knows B'dawg barks. One of my favorite is "Treat." Or "Crate" because Mum givees me these liver snacks that are TAY-STEEE!

I know some tricks, as mum calls them. I call them compromises. I do stupid things, mum gives me TREATS! Like "Bark" which I know really well. I also know "Sit" and "Lay Down" which, if you ask me, are pretty useless. I'm learning "Roll Over" but I stop half way so mum can scratch my belly. And "Dance" which is one of my favorite. B'dawgs know how to jam.

I've just learned "bell." Mum is training me to go to the door and pull on the bell there, instead of just sitting in front of it, staring at her. She's a little slow, you know. Sometimes it is hard to get her attention - hence the noise as well as me staring at her.

Anyway, I'm real good at "Toy." That's a good one - that means mum is FinALLY ready to play. But more specifically, I know "Ball" which is my little yellow tennis ball - I am one smart dawg - I knew how to fetch as soon as mum got me home. Its one of my favorite games. The yellow ball bounces and mum is always willing to throw it. After about three or four times, its MY turn to play a game - my game with her is called, "bring the ball back to mom but don't let her have it." That's an awesome game. I put it between my feet and then growl at her to try to take it. She's not near as fast as me....

Mum says its time for bed now. She snores when she's got the sniffles. Good thing I can sleep while she's at work.

1 comment:

Mile High Pixie said...

Yay, BaxterDawg! You're so good to help your Mum when she's sick. My kitties just glare at me because I won't feed them tuna on command while wrestling with a cold and runny nose. Good dawg!