Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I'm in trouble

I woke mom up last night about 1 am to take me outside so I could potty. And then, I saw them - three deer trespassing on Miss Jean's yard. It was my duty, my job, my purpose in life to protect my neighborhood. So I barked, and they ran - HA! clip clop clip clop across the street into the woods. But just in case, I continued to bark. A Baxter's job is never done.

Meanwhile, mum is shivering and muttering and I'm SO not listening to her. I have to bark. To warn off the deadly deer. And to let the other dogs in the neighborhood know about the interlopers.

By this time, Mum is seriously pissed. She said I was waking up the whole neighborhood - which was fine with me because they all LOVE the B-dog. They always give me scratches and talk nice to me and occasionally I get treats. So waking them up is an excellent side effect. I'm up, mum's up, the deer are up - lets get everyone up and have a "Scratch the Baxter" party!!!!

So mum drags me back in the house and we go back to bed. But see, I forgot to do what it was I went out there to do in the first place. And when nature calls, you can't let it go to voice mail.

So there was more muttering and grumbling this morning while mom sprayed the stinky stuff on the spot I left for her. Next time, I told her, make sure there aren't any deer out side at 1 am.

No comments: