Monday, August 20, 2007

Postcards from the Ranch

Mum took me with her ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE COUNTRY. Fortunately, she gave me something, so I was one drunk puppy on the plane. But when I got off, BOY DID I HAVE TO PEE!

Anyway, we stayed at mum's pack's Cow Ranch. It was a great place for me never to have the leash. Oh, and cow poo? It is the best cologne EVER. Mum was not impressed, of course. I got more baths while I was there. And all a B-dawg wants to do is make him self smell just like my new hood. Gotta blend in, ya know.

Here I am the first morning, surveying my kingdom.


One day, mum's pack got real ugly and she cried alot. I mean ALOT. It was a good thing I was there. They made Nana cry too. So I had to do lots of being cute and sweet so they would smile. And then I made sure to bark when ever the mean people walked in the room. I did lots of barking.

So Mum and I went for a walk. It was kinda rainy. But I liked the bridge. I could peer down and look for fishes. I also wanted to go swiming. Later I did, but it was COLD COLD COLD. But I am a tough B-dawg.


Oh yeah, I wanted to chase cows. AND THEY WERE SCARED OF THE B-DAWG. It was cool. But I might have barked at a small one and that made a big one start walking towards me and I knew it was time to go run to mum. Stupid cows. I was just playin.


The first day, Grandpa and Mum and I hiked to the end of the ranch. Grandpa doesn't wait for ANYONE. Mum would stop to take pictures or look around and next thing we'd know, she would be way back there. I had to do lots of back and forth to make sure everyone was where they were supposed to be. Here's Grandpa and I on our way into the cedar grove. Mum is once again, way far behind us, of course. But that gave me extra time to roll in cow poo.



One other thing that was cool was the tractors that were making hay bales. I always end up sniffing through Rico's so I was pretty impressed with how they are made.


Mum and I got home last night. Mum says dogs don't do jet lag real well. I say WHATEVER. Just cause I want to play when its dark is just that. Jet lag, smet lag. harumph.

But its good to be home with my stuff and my kitties and mum is happier being away from all those weirdos. Its too bad though. Mum says we won't go back. And I liked the Ranch. Oh well.

No comments: